Heading Home with delays...

Monday 7th November was the very last day of my trip - I was taken out for a wee trip before heading to the airport. My sponsor William came by Lucy's house to have a coffee then picked me up and took me out for the morning to Middleburg Virginia.


He first took me to another Historic House and garden site, Oatland Plantation to view the house and the slavery cabins - there was not much history in this place and at least we stopped by to look.

It's a cute area because they have a barn that has just been renovated and they are not focusing on the house at all! They are on a tight budget at the moment and they are not planning to do any work on the house because they said it's kind of upgraded!


Tight Schedule


William kindly took me to the check-in at Dulles Airport - to check in my two suitcases and guess what - I managed to weigh them perfectly! They both were at exact numbers - the large one was at 49LB and the small one was at 48LB, I had to reshuffle everything at Lucy's home before William came to pick me up!





Here's the fun part...

I boarded my Dulles flight on time to stop over at Newark/NY to change planes for Edinburgh. This flight had a long delay - we were supposed to take off at 5:45 pm but instead, we stayed on the runway for at least an hour before taking off to reach Newark/New York.


During this flight, I managed to keep myself calm by looking at the beautiful view of New York at nighttime...












I didn't make it to Edinburgh's flight in time because that flight left early due to traffic controls. Was kind of annoyed but anyways the airport customer service put me up for accommodation overnight - I was sceptical about this but I made it to and back from the hotel in one piece.


NOW I AM CURRENTLY WAITING ON MY PLANE HEADING HOME! I WILL BE REUNITED WITH MY FAMILY SOON!!!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made it back home!

Travelling DaY

Road trip & New York again...