Road trip & New York again...

 On 24th October, it was an important day of my trip because my sponsor William made contact with a couple of places that I needed to see before I left the US and also I was honoured to meet the Exchange Committee chair & former president of the St Andrews Society of New York, Samuel Abernathy!


Pennsbury Manor

https://www.pennsburymanor.org/


Our first visit was to a house museum named 'Pennsbury Manor' because, before COVID, I first applied to work at this place for the scholarship before it was closed. I applied for The Keystone Internship - they were thrilled to have me working with them but it was all closed. I was looking forward to working with them a couple of years ago because I did so much research on them beforehand, and now before I came across here, they were not looking for an intern to work with them; that is why my sponsor found Mount Clare.


During the visit to Pennsbury Manor, I introduced myself to the Director - Douglas Miller to seek some new client work. Douglas was very interested in what I do with the 3D Design as he told me that he had been thinking about getting someone to help with the technologies, especially 3D Design! Looks like I arrived at the perfect time! I even visited their exhibition area and I could not believe how much they have done for it, I wanted to see what they have, so I could maybe use some of it for Mount Clare in the future.


So soon, I will be contacted by him for further information on what they need from my services to help ensure that their mansion has an explanation of the building's history!

Dey Mansion



https://www.deymansion.org/


The next place that we went to see was Dey Mansion which was an hour away from Pennsbury Manor, this building had to be included in my visit as it is in the same era as Mount Clare. My sponsor and I met someone (whom I have forgotten his name), he was the one who was doing all the social media for Passaic County and he was telling us how to interact with the public, and I knew this had to be important for Mount Clare as we are just starting to do this after 4 years of being closed due to COVID and finding a new director.

We were supposed to meet the Director at 12:30 pm, but the director left beforehand - so we spoke to this social media man and just discussed ideas or plans for the house. The Dey main house was closed for renovations - so we were not able to have a tour as we had a tight schedule of meeting someone in New York.


Back in New York...


Yes, I went back to New York again!

This time it was for a meeting with the Exchange Committee chair & former president of the St Andrews Society of New York, who was lovely to chat with! His name is Samuel Abernathy, he travelled all away from Connecticut just for this meeting. We had our lunch meeting at Crab House, in New York - even better, across the street from the St. Andrews Society of New York Headquarters!

Our meeting only lasted a couple of hours, we talked about the scholarship how it went for me and what I loved about it!


On the way home, we drove past the Grand Central Terminal which was the most beautiful building I have ever seen, loved how it had a huge art deco clock on the facade! Then we drove by The Hearst Tower which I immediately recognised from my own college work years ago and of course, it was designed by my favourite architect - NORMAN FOSTER!!




So yeah, that's my day! More to come!BTW, 13 days till I am back in Scotland!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made it back home!

Travelling DaY