Travelling DaY

On 11th August, I left the UK for the biggest trip of my life to the USA - this is a huge step in my life because this time I am travelling on my own for two and half months. I know that I had to do this by myself someday and it's here!

I arrived at Edinburgh Airport (EDI) at 10:30am, checked my suitcase and said 'See you later' to my amazing parents who made me cry at the airport! Thanks, Mum! (Love you!)😂

I am going to be missing my family so much including my wee baby cocker spaniel! 💕 I won't be returning home till the end of October.


Whilst I was waiting at the airport, there were many changes about what was happening with the flight and gate. My flight was due at 12:30pm but with all the delays and gate changes, it was changed to 15:40pm but it came earlier than expected - so I stayed nearby where United Airlines originally boarded so that I didn't miss the flight.


I was getting a little bit nervous, so there was this lovely lady who helped me to make sure that I was not lost or missing information - she knew that I was deaf because I had my sunflower lanyard on. I even got onto the plane first before anybody else which was great so I settled down for an 8-hour flight (including the delays).

First Time Travelling on my own!  



At the airport waiting for my plane
- This is not it!


















We were able to board the flight at 2:30 p.m. (UK time) and took off at 3 p.m.

The flight was okay, but a little bit bumpy to start with when taking off - everyone started to go to sleep right away and I could not sleep on the plane. After a good couple of hours, we were served some food - the food was AMAZING - I had a Thai Green curry chicken, a mini tub of couscous, and toffee ice cream for my late lunch along with a drink.



The flight was warm and cozy and good thing I had my travel pillow with me as you only got a blanket to cuddle in with. We had a huge choice of movies or TV programs to watch on the mini screen whilst flying, I watched a few films on the way - from time to time I even had someone to talk to - he was the most sweetest passenger ever(!), he kindly was asking how I was and we got into a conversation about his family, my family and where we live, etc. We talked mostly about himself - he's from Maryland, he was in Scotland this past week for his daughter's wedding and this was him heading back home. I even asked him where was the best place to visit whilst staying in Baltimore - he suggested the National Harbor 100%.


When I finally arrived at Dulles International Airport at 6:30pm (EST), I had to go through security which is a routine for everyone coming into the USA. I was a little bit sceptical as I thought you had to do a bit more there before getting through. Then I met the very first host, Lucy, on my trip who kindly offered me to stay at her beautiful home for a couple of nights in Chevy Chase, Washington. I met her husband and two of her daughters - I was told that her three daughters are around the same ages as myself and my sisters.


Lucy's house is the most beautiful house I've ever stayed in, even had a nice comfy bed to sleep in. Thank you Lucy and hope to see you and your family again one day!



This is the very end of my traveling blog and keep an eye on this newsfeed for more blogs from this trip!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made it back home!

Road trip & New York again...